Flu vaccination appointments
~ 2 months ago
02 October 2022
We have flu vaccine appointments available on the following dates:-
Thursday 6th October at Lambley Lane Surgery for 18 years and over
Saturday 8th October at Lambley Lane Surgery for 18 years and over
Thursday 13th October at Lowdham Medical Centre for Children's flu vaccines plus 18 years and over
Thursday 20th October at Lambley Lane Surgery for 18 years and over
More dates will be added as soon as possible.
Please call the practice on 0115 931 2500 to book in.
We will send regular text messages to patients who have consented to receive sms messages from us to invite you to book into one of our flu clinics if you are eligible to receive a flu vaccine.
Patients who are eligible to receive a flu vaccine are:
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022
- all primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6) - these are given in school settings
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 65 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline staff employed by the following types of social care providers without employer led occupational health schemes:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
Please note: Starting from mid-October, people aged 50 years old or over (including those who will be 50 years old by 31 March 2023) can have a free NHS flu vaccine. This is so at-risk groups can be offered vaccination first.